CAN WE INTEGRATE JIRA WITH Microsoft TFS ????

hash June 1, 2017

Hello All,

I got a requirement to integrate TFS with JIRA..

Can we do that?

If yes what is the process?

what are the PROS and CONS?

What actually the use if we integrate both?

What are all the details i would be needing to integrate both and what details i have to know and ask the people who require this integration.

Thank you and please reply

7 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

4 votes
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2017

Although the question isn't very articulated, you should definitely check out this add-on: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.spartez.jira.plugins.bork.tfs4jira/server/overview

hash June 5, 2017

Thankyou!

4 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2017

Also checkout ConnectAll. You might want to request for a demo to see it in action.

hash June 5, 2017

Thank you!

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2017

First, define "integrate" - you need to have a clear set of functions you'd like to see from the integration.

We can't really tell you a lot more than "yes, you can", without knowing what you want from "integration"

hash June 1, 2017

My question is can we connect both JIRA and TFS?

If yes

what is the process?

PROS?,CONS?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2017

Again, you need to explain what you want.

Let me go back to the original questions:

-----

>Can we do that?

Yes

>If yes what is the process?

You "integrate" them.  The details of "integration" depend on what you want from it.

>what are the PROS and CONS?

Depends on what you want from it, and how you do it.

>What actually the use if we integrate both?

Depends on what you want from it.

>What are all the details i would be needing to integrate both and what details i have to know and ask the people who require this integration.

Depends on what you want from it.

-----

I'm afraid it's no good repeating a question when you are being asked for more information.  There is a good reason we ask for more information: we cannot give you an answer without that information.

hash June 5, 2017

Thank you Nic.First of all i dont have clear understanding on the requirement.when i got to know clearly ,I will ask again !!!

kevin May 23, 2018

Nic, Is there documentation on connecting Jira and TFS?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2018

Not really.  There's documentation on specific ways to do it, but when you have not defined what you want, there is nothing beyond "use REST to talk to Jira"

kevin May 23, 2018

Hey Nic, What if I wanted to see my TFS changeset numbers in the related Jira ticket?

Kit Tin Mak May 23, 2018

Hi Kevin,

I am Kit, Support Engineer from Spartez. In fact, you may use our product, TFS4JIRA to achieve this. You will be able to see your changeset ID, comments and detail in the associated Jira issue.

If you have any questions regarding TFS4JIRA, feel free to contact us at our Support Portal or email us at support@spartez.com.

Cheers,

Kit

[Spartez Support Team]

kevin May 23, 2018

Thanks for your reply Kit, I would prefer to just write something myself.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2018

If it's just the TFS changeset numbers, you've got a couple of options.

1. Code TFS to update a field in Jira whenever a related changeset is updated.
  2. Write code in J?ira to scrape TFS for changed information regularly and pull it into the issues.

Personally, I'd skip it and use a supported add-on.  I'm fond of the Spartez ones (and I work for a different partner)

Yashpal Chepuri December 2, 2019

Hello Nick, I have a similar question

My org is planning to move from TFS - TFVS set up to a JIRA - Git Set up. We will not have any TFS licenses in 2020. Please can you suggest the best approach to take to

a. Migrate the ALM data from TFS to JIRA

b. Migrate from TFVS to GIT with enire history

I think integrating Git to JIRA is straight forward. 

Regards,

YC

0 votes
Sofya January 26, 2022

@hash if i understand right - i was looking for solution connect you commit\pullrequest to jira issue. Did you find out how it works?

thanks

Sofa

0 votes
Eleanor Zimmermann September 22, 2020

Would not be shocked if this is Atlassian's strategic walled garden.

"Just buy Atlassian's source control product, see?"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2020

Well, it is better than TFS, but there's nothing stopping you from "integrating" with TFS at all.  And there are apps that can do most of it for you.

0 votes
Brad Peterson August 30, 2018

We have used this tool for our organization. check out this tool: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215532/opshub-integration-manager-oim?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

Michael Abramowitz June 25, 2019

They accurately hide pricing. Better not to risk.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
0 votes
Stefaan Quackels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question