Bypass new Jira project templates and copy existing project

Lesley Hawkins April 20, 2021

I do not want to create a project from the new templates.  I want to copy an existing project's configurations, but cannot find an ability to do this.

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

Follow the new "wizard" through with whatever is closest to what you need, but make sure you select a "company managed" project type.  Then select "Share settings with an existing project" and you can tell it what project you want to "copy"

It's not quite a copy - new schemes for config are not created, just shared, so if you want to diverge the new project away, you'll need to copy and amend the schemes.  But that's always been the case (since Jira 2!)

Thank you!

1 vote

Disregard - after choose template, it allows you to copy settings from another project.

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

@Lesley Hawkins Unfortunately there is no way to just 'clone' a project. The closest thing you can do is use the method you have described - create a new project using an existing project's configurations.

There are also some paid add-ons available such as Deep Clone for Jira which can offer you this functionality

thanks - I get it!~

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events