We are considering switching from Trello to Jira in our company. Most things will seem to work better for us in Jira, but we will lose Butler Bot which we use a lot.
Is there an equivalent in Jira, or will the Atlassian Team integration Butler with Jira now that they own Butler?
While I'm not familliar with Butler Bot for Trello, it is my understanding that it is used to automate processes inside your Trello instance.
Now as far as I know there's no Butler for Jira, however there's a wide range of 3rd party addons that allow you to configure all sorts of automation. Check out this post for some examples. If you could advise on the nature of automation you require, then perhaps I could advise you more specifically.
Hope this helps.
Here are examples of some of the things that we have Butler do:
1. Create a daily checklist for employees that they can check off every day. At the end of the day, it renames the card to indicate the employee name and day.
2. When someone adds a card to a board, assign the card to them.
3. When a card is moved to list Done, remove all members
4. When a card is attached to another, crosslink the other card back.
5. Create cards on a recurring basis, e.g. first Monday of month with a particular checklist on it
That's a small list, but gives you the idea.
Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events