Business project Board is blank but issues exist

Adrian B January 23, 2017

hello,

We use a Business Project as a high level project management tool.

We create an issue per project, which get moved between To Do, In Progress and Done.

These issues contain summary comments and links to the actual JIRA project.

Recently, I noticed that the Board is blank, although all issues are still listed  under Issues.

I have tried re-indexing but without luck.

Any assistance in getting the issues to be displayed in teh Board again woudl be welcome.

4 answers

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2017

Issues disappear from the board after 14 days of having been resolved. Could that be the case?

If that's the case, click on the link "Looking for an older issue?" in the most-right column to show them again.

More info about Business Boards:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/working-with-boards-800712866.html

Adrian B January 26, 2017

Thanks, Ignacio, for the reply.

No, I don't even see any of the columns in the board- it's just blank.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2017

Hi Adrian,

When that happens, it is probably because at least one of the following causes (extracted from the same doc page I pasted before):

Board troubleshooting

Why can't I see issues on the board?

If your project contains customized workflows, you might not be able to see your issues on the board. Here are the two main cases where this can happen.

1: Your project contains issues that have different workflows

For instance, you have customized a workflow for a certain issue type and you have multiple workflows in your project.

Task issue type

Design issue type

The board displays a column for each status, so where the statuses are not the same, the board does not know which workflow to show.

If you want to start using boards, you may want to consider aligning your workflows. For more information, see How do I build the workflow I want?

2: Two issue transitions go to the same status

For instance, if any of the workflows in your project are set up similar to this:

In the above example, two transitions both go from one status to another. You may have something like this up because there are separate transition events you wish to record.

If you want to use boards, you need to restructure your workflow so that there is only one transition between the two statuses. For example, you might change things to be something like this:

Error when moving board columns

If you have unsaved draft workflows, you may get an error message when you try to move board columns. To fix this:

1. Go to  Issues, then click Workflows.
  2. Find the board workflow for the project and click Edit.
  3. If there's a yellow message at the top of the screen saying you have an unsaved draft, either Save or Discard it.
Like Joseph HANI likes this
0 votes
Madeline Bennett June 8, 2022

I also have this problem- Jira what are you doing?! Why do business project boards have to be such a hot mess? 

0 votes
Adrian B February 8, 2017

it turns out a flag was set against our account that caused this, and required assistance from Atlassian directly.

thanks for your input.

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2017

Hi Adrian, 

This is most probably an issue with your board filter. You need to go to the filter and check it returns results. If not, change it to return result (the tickets you say are open) and save. 

Other than that check that all the statuses in the Columns sections are mapped so no statuses are left "hidden". 

Usually, these disappearances happen when a workflow is drastically changed or an issue type migration is being made. 

Thanks for the reply, Peter.

We can see all Issues if we click on "Issues" and as far as ai can tell no filters are applied.

This problem exists for all Business projects but not Software projects.

I cannot see any columns or options at all (I have added a screenshot)

Workflows seem to be unchanged and no mass migration od issues has occured.

it is odd.

project board.JPG

thanks for any help.

Thanks for the reply, Peter.

We can see all Issues if we click on "Issues" and as far as ai can tell no filters are applied.

This problem exists for all Business projects but not Software projects.

I cannot see any columns or options at all (I have added a screenshot)

Workflows seem to be unchanged and no mass migration od issues has occured.

it is odd.

project board.JPG

thanks for any assistance

Maryam Aghajani November 1, 2021

Hi, I have the same issue as well. There are old tickets which are still in 'To do' or 'In progress', but I can't see them on the board. However, I can see a newly created issue. 

But, I am interested to see unresolved old issues. What can be the issue?

Suggest an answer