Business Value doesn't show up in a second project

Steve Swett September 23, 2015

We got the Business Value field to show up just fine on our first project.  However, when trying to add to a second project, it doesn't show up.  On the Create Issue page for the second project, when I use "Where is my field?" it gives me all green check marks.

On the default field configuration screen, I'm tempted to click "Hide" for Business Value and then "Show" again to see if that will help.  But I'm worried that all my data in the Business Value field will be lost for the first project if I do that.  Is it OK to do that without losing data?

Any other advice to get the field to show up?  Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Swett September 25, 2015

I tried hiding and then showing the field again.  That didn't help.  Any other ideas out there?

I haven't hidden the field in my person "show fields" settings.  Other people aren't able to see the field in the second project, either.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2015

You are going to have to go over all the settings. Check that the field has the right context in the list of custom fields Check that the field is not hidden in the field configuration scheme for the project/ and issue type Check that the field is on the screen for the project and issue type by going through the issue type screen scheme and screen scheme

Steve Swett September 28, 2015

Nic, it was the context. Thanks!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2015

Hide will never lose you any data - you have to physically delete the field to do that!

Have you hidden the field in your own personal "show fields" settings by accident?  Should be the option to the top right of the create/edit.

Suggest an answer