Burndown chart

howie April 21, 2016

HI

According to this document configuring-estimation-and-tracking, burn down chart  only can choose either story point or time spend.

My question is why not both ?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2016

This is for flexibility. The admins have the ability to choose either of the two, choosing both will render the gadget useless. How will the chart show a burndown guideline? Sum up the Story Points + Total Estimated Time? At the end of the day, you will be looking at your chart and say "All my stories are closed, why is my burndown chart not showing correctly? Oh that's why! Some developers have not used all the estimated hours!". 

In your suggestion, for one Story to be completely "burned down" in the chart is to use all its hours (logged hours) and close the issue? That's double effort.

I think and this configuration choice makes a lot of sense for most of the organization that we support.

Suggest an answer