Burndown Chart and Greenhopper show a different amount of time remaining than JIRA Remaining Estimate

Jamie Baxter August 21, 2012

The Burndown Chart Gadget and the Greenhopper Chart Board Burndown Chart show a different amount of time remaining than JIRA Remaining Estimate. When I look at the total number of remaining hours in JQL or look at the JIRA Time Tracking report I get value X for remaining hours. However if I look at the Burndown Chart as a dashboard gadget or in the Chart board I see a higher value (Y). The version summary in Greenhopper also shows the higher Y value. Interestingly if I click on the Info tab of the Burndown Gadget I see the lower value (X).

4 answers

0 votes
Petr Loboda July 31, 2014

Hello, have the same issue. Have you found any workarrounds how to fix that?

0 votes
P R October 17, 2013

We encountered this issue too and it appears to be related to how time is logged for issues. In our situation, if a task is closed out without time being logged and the remaining value being set to zero, then the dashboard gadget doesn't get updated (by the way, we setup our boards to automatically zero out the remaining hours on issues when they're marked complete).

For example, if an issues has 2 hours remaining and is marked complete without time being logged for the task and without the remaining time manually set to zero, then the dashboard will not reflect the 2 hour credit. On the flip side, the JIRA Agile/Greenhopper Sprint Burndown report will credit/burndown the hours automatically.

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2013

Hi Jamie,

Is this Classic Greenhopper or new Greenhopper? Which version of Greenhopper is being used? I believe in this case it is best to raise a support case at https://support.atlassian.com and attach your backup file so we can check this.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

0 votes
rob January 16, 2013

I've been trying to figure this one out too.

Suggest an answer