Bullet list inside a table cell with a paragraph underneath it using Wiki Markup

Kuba Sendor July 7, 2017

Hi!

I am trying to add a bullet list inside a table in the ticket description. The tricky part is that after the bullets I would like to have also a paragraph text, that is not part of the last item on the list.

Something like that does not work:

|row1|some text before the list
* list item 1
* list item 2
* list item 3

Some text in the new paragraph here|
|row2|cell2|

As "Some text on the new paragraph here" just appears after the whole table and then the new table starts with "row2"

Neither does that:

* list item 1
* list item 2
* list item 3
Some text in the new paragraph here|
|row2|cell2|

As the "Some text ..." just appears aligned with the list item 3 in the new line, so that it looks like it's a part of list item 3.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Kuba

3 answers

2 votes
Graham Hannington March 11, 2019

Wrap the list in a borderless panel:

|Row 1 Cell 1:
{panel:borderStyle=none}
* List item 1
* List item 2
{panel}
Paragraph following list|Row 1 Cell 2|Row 1 Cell 3|
|Row 2 Cell 1|Row 2 Cell 2|Row 2 Cell 3|

Unfortunately, the paragraph following the list is preceded by an unwanted extra blank line. I don't have a workaround for that. (Removing the line breaks before/after the terminating {panel} doesn't have any effect on that extra blank line.)

0 votes
Danut M [StonikByte]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2021

I tried many options but with no success. I ended up in using the "•" character as bullet and "\\" for new line. 

|Column 1 Text|These are the items: \\ • Item1 \\ • Item2 |

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2017

Hi Kuba,

This isn't pretty but you can add a separator between the bullets and the new paragraph like this:

* list item 1
* list item 2
* list item 3
----
Some text in the new paragraph here
|row2|cell2|

This will cause a line to be drawn under list item 3 but your paragraph will be in the same cell as your bullets.

Cheers,

Branden

Graham Hannington March 11, 2019

Yes, the paragraph will be in the same cell, but it will still be indented as if it were part of the last list item. You can achieve a similar effect without introducing a visible horizontal line by using \\ instead of ----. But this is not what Kuba asked for.

Suggest an answer