Bulk update project roles

Leon Wright July 3, 2012

To make things more flexible for project administators, we're looking to use project roles. I've hit a snag however, in that the default membership only applies on projects created after the defaults were set.

This does make sense to a degree, however if I want to make a bulk change there doesn't appear to be an easy way to do this.

Any suggestions? Aside from manually changing all the projects by hand (time consuming and error prone).

We've come up with the below sql query, however it's not quite right yet (it doesn't appear to correct filter out devs, although it does when you include roletypeparameter in the select statement). The below filters by project catagory.

SELECT  DISTINCT
    p.id
FROM
    project p INNER JOIN nodeassociation na ON p.id = na.source_node_id
  LEFT OUTER JOIN projectroleactor pra ON p.id = pra.PID
 WHERE
  na.sink_node_id = 10101 AND na.sink_node_entity = 'ProjectCategory' AND pra.roletypeparameter != 'Project Devs';

The project category filter does work, so I think there is something wrong with the joins (still wrapping my head around them).

Thanks,

Leon

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2012

Playing with fire :(! JIRA Command Line Interface has some "legal" ways for dealing with project roles, etc... See Documentation .

Leon Wright July 4, 2012

Thanks! I really didn't want to fiddle with the database. Quite comfortable with the CLI in general, so I should be able to knock something up.

W March 26, 2015

Thanks for posting the link! I don't see a parameter for Project roles though... Were either of you able to work it out?

Suggest an answer