Bulk update Test Case and Test Step execution status

Brian Ross July 22, 2015

Hello,

Is there a way to do some type of a bulk update on the Test Case and Test Step "status" field to mark a lot of test cases "Pass" at one time?

Thank you!

5 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Himanshu Jain July 22, 2015

I think there is a way as follows:

1) Click on the test cycle you are working on

2) Check the box for the tests for which you want to update the status

3) Click on the Tool button with the gear icon and select the Status option

image2015-7-22 15:25:21.png

4) From the pop-up select the status you want to update

image2015-7-22 15:26:36.png

I hope this was what you were looking for and it helps

Darren Pegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

Nice!

Brian Ross July 23, 2015

Thank you Himanshu Jain! This is great!

rajavardhangoud April 18, 2016

Thank you..helps me a lot.

Charanya Muthukaruppiah February 14, 2020

Thank you. This helped a lot

Mike_Weiner May 18, 2020

Thank you SO MUCH!  I could not find a way to do this and felt it was a major flaw with the software.  While I still feel it should be more intuitive, and as it turns out, I had to do it a bit differently, but you put me on the right track and I thank you!

0 votes
Shikhar Sharma February 27, 2020

Hi! Please see the attached screenshot. This should solve your purpose:

Screenshot (64).png

Sumit Ranjan Kar April 12, 2020

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!

Like Shikhar Sharma likes this
Suhas P April 13, 2020

Hi,

The current bulk change of status support of only 50 at a time. Is there a configuration or option to change from 50 to 'n' number? we have 1000's of cases to update the results. updating 50 at a time is time consuming.

Thanks,

Suhas

Shikhar Sharma May 18, 2020

I am sorry, i am not sure of that. If there is a limit that could be changed it would be controlled by Jira Admin. 

0 votes
Arun Ravindran July 23, 2015

HI Brian

Thanks for your interest in our product Zephyr for Jira.By Initial description we were also under the same notion of your requirement that Himanshu and Darren had provided resolution too.

But now that you have mentioned that you wanted the Test Case status to be changed in bulk are you referring to the "Test Executions" section when you open a "Test Case" that you want the status to be changed in bulk?

Perhaps a screen shot depicting the requirement will help us to be on same page with you.You can also sign up to our support site "https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us" and use the option"Submit a Case" to log a ticket with Zephyr and one of our engineers would immediately contact you.

Thanks

ZephyrSupport

0 votes
Darren Pegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

Problem you have is that it's an add on.. not really JIRA's fault if the development team at Zephyr didn't put the capability in.  Though I did a migration few months back and I was able to import test cases and instructions on how to conduct the outcome etc etc via csv.. that might be an option. If upon import that pass/fail option is listed..

Brian Ross July 22, 2015

That would be great if you could pass that along.

Darren Pegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2015

The migration was related to zephyr.. just never tested the pass/fail as they were just templates I was importing...

0 votes
Darren Pegg
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2015

Bullk change on "transition"? Though if this is related the Pass button on Zephyr... Then I think that's a no...

Brian Ross July 22, 2015

Thank you Darren. I am speaking about when a Test Case is created and put into a Test Cycle, the Test Case can be marked Pass, Fail, WIP, Blocked, etc... I need to find a way to update all the Test Cases at one time so I don't have to manually touch each one to update it. A lot of the other testing tools have this capability, I was sure hoping JIRA would too.

Suggest an answer