Bulk update Test Case and Test Step execution status

Hello,

Is there a way to do some type of a bulk update on the Test Case and Test Step "status" field to mark a lot of test cases "Pass" at one time?

Thank you!

4 answers

1 accepted

I think there is a way as follows:

1) Click on the test cycle you are working on

2) Check the box for the tests for which you want to update the status

3) Click on the Tool button with the gear icon and select the Status option

image2015-7-22 15:25:21.png

4) From the pop-up select the status you want to update

image2015-7-22 15:26:36.png

I hope this was what you were looking for and it helps

Thank you Himanshu Jain! This is great!

Thank you..helps me a lot.

Bullk change on "transition"? Though if this is related the Pass button on Zephyr... Then I think that's a no...

Thank you Darren. I am speaking about when a Test Case is created and put into a Test Cycle, the Test Case can be marked Pass, Fail, WIP, Blocked, etc... I need to find a way to update all the Test Cases at one time so I don't have to manually touch each one to update it. A lot of the other testing tools have this capability, I was sure hoping JIRA would too.

Problem you have is that it's an add on.. not really JIRA's fault if the development team at Zephyr didn't put the capability in.  Though I did a migration few months back and I was able to import test cases and instructions on how to conduct the outcome etc etc via csv.. that might be an option. If upon import that pass/fail option is listed..

That would be great if you could pass that along.

The migration was related to zephyr.. just never tested the pass/fail as they were just templates I was importing...

HI Brian

Thanks for your interest in our product Zephyr for Jira.By Initial description we were also under the same notion of your requirement that Himanshu and Darren had provided resolution too.

But now that you have mentioned that you wanted the Test Case status to be changed in bulk are you referring to the "Test Executions" section when you open a "Test Case" that you want the status to be changed in bulk?

Perhaps a screen shot depicting the requirement will help us to be on same page with you.You can also sign up to our support site "https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us" and use the option"Submit a Case" to log a ticket with Zephyr and one of our engineers would immediately contact you.

Thanks

ZephyrSupport

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

167 views 1 17
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you