Bulk move function removing reporter field.

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2012

Hi,

I am splitting a project into 3 projects -- was planning to simply search on some criteria via JQL, and bulk move to the 3 new projects.

However -- I notice that the reporter field is emptying out -- despite me directing jira to retain the values.

What is going on here? The documentation doens't really say anything, other than referring to a footnoot that doesn't apparently exist.

Tips appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2012

Hi Bryan,

Have you checked the field configuration scheme in the new projects you are trying to move the issues to?

1. Is the reporter field hidden by any chance?

2. Do the users of the current issues have access to the project?

3. If users are in a particular role, does that role have "Assignable User" permission.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2012

To confirm the above , on your test instance associate the projects to same schemes (Permission , Field configuration , issuetype, etc).

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2012

Issue was #2 -- they didn't have access to new project. Thanks!

Suggest an answer