Bulk issue edit without changing 'Updated' timestamp

Vlad V April 22, 2014

Hi,

I'm in progress with migrating data from Mantis to JIRA. After the data import with JIRA Import plugin I tried to perform bulk issue edit with purpose of changing issue types based on some custom field. The problem is I'm overriding 'Updated' timestamp for all edited issue. This is not desired. Is there any way to edit issues without affecting 'Updated' field?

2 answers

1 vote
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2014

I think you can use approach simular to the one described here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+modify+an+issue+creation+date

Create a date picker custom field and set it to be the same value as the current update date. Then bulk update all issues and finally do the SQL modification as described in the KB. After that delete the custom field.

0 votes
Vlad V April 23, 2014

Thank you Boris,

I had feeling like I'll need to delve into JIRA DB. And since this is really so there is no need in bulk edit anymore, I've created query to change issue type in DB. Here is the query in case anyone struggle with same issue (JIRA reindex is required):

UPDATE jiraissue AS U set issuetype = 
(
	SELECT T.id
	FROM (SELECT * FROM jiraissue) as I
	LEFT JOIN issuetype AS T ON pname = 
	(SELECT STRINGVALUE FROM customfieldvalue WHERE CUSTOMFIELD = 
		(SELECT id FROM customfield WHERE cfname LIKE 'temp-Category' LIMIT 1)
		AND ISSUE = I.id)
	WHERE I.id = U.id
LIMIT 1
)

Suggest an answer