Bulk editing fields

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2012

Why is the bulk editing displaying field options that are not on the screens? For example, we have hidden the Epic/Theme field from our screens and it doesn't appear when editing an issue; however, it does appear as an option for bulk editing.

How do we make the bulk editing options the same as the screen to avoid users accidentally using a field that they cannot see/use otherwise?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2012

Hi,

I believe that inside the bulk edit you can't choose what fields should show. By default it brings any field that can be edited. I see the same thing. I guess you could create a feature request in jira.atlassian.com

In the meanwhile, I recommend to enable this bulk edit only for 'experienced' users.

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2012

I'll definitely add a feature request. It seems odd that the bulk edit doesn't align with the same screen definitions that we have taken the time to setup or at least define what fields can be used for bulk editing to avoid confusion and orphaned data

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2012

It really seems odd, I never tought about it. Maybe it is because you can select a lot of issues that are different issue types, so it's difficult to map the fields from the screens. I'm sure it will be a lot of work ;)

Suggest an answer