Bulk editing components

Michael Shymerlyuk February 12, 2014

How can i bulk edit components for multiple issues from 2 different projects? When i use the bulk edit function, I can only bulk edit components for issues that relate to the same project. Once i select issues from mulitple projects, the field that allows me to change components dissapears.

Also, besides selecting components from the drop down menu, can I type my own component name, that is not in the drop down menu?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2014

Short answer is that you can't. Components belong to separate projects, and so have different possible lists, so you simply can't set it for two projects at the same time.

On the second point, no, maintaining component lists is done in the project header by someone with project admin rights.

Michael Shymerlyuk February 13, 2014

I am the project admin. All of my projects have 5 identical components. My goal is to change the components for all or more than one project at a time. Is the answer still no?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2014

They might look identical, but that's just the name - there's 10 totally indpendent objects in the database.

As the project admin you can maintain the list of components, but only from the project admin section.

Suggest an answer