Bulk edit won't work on advanced JQL but is showing results

Gabriel Viger August 22, 2017

Hi!

We generated this query to do a bulk edit on specific tickets:

statusCategory = Done AND updatedDate <= 2017-05-09 AND type = Story AND project in ("eComm Enhancements 2017", "Ecom Redesign - MUTATION") AND development[pullRequests].all > 0 AND development[pullRequests].open = 0

The query is returning results however, when selecting the bulk changes option, it brings us back to "My open issues" filter.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thank you!

Gabriel

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2017

Hi Gabriel

To bulk change, you need to have access to do whatever it is as if you were doing it to each issue individually. I've usually seen something like you're describing when the user doesn't have the required access (rights).

Try to do this on a smaller set of issues (I'm assuming your query returns many issues)  - typically less than 10. If you're able to do that, try to see what is different with some of the issues in the larger set.

Gabriel Viger August 23, 2017

Hi Warren,

Thank you for your reply. It seems like the bulk change option is working if we remove the AND development[pullRequests].all > 0 AND development[pullRequests].open = 0 part.

I'll try to test permissions as you mentionned just to make sure I have tested all scenarios.

Thank you!

Gabriel

Gabriel Viger August 25, 2017

Hello!

I sent a support request to Atlassian and they have identified 2 bugs related to this issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-16182
This one is about the fact that the development field is producing invalid JQLs

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-16183
and this one is about the fact that the invalid JQLs are causing the Bulk Edit to fail.

Thank you!

Gabriel

Suggest an answer