We generated this query to do a bulk edit on specific tickets:
statusCategory = Done AND updatedDate <= 2017-05-09 AND type = Story AND project in ("eComm Enhancements 2017", "Ecom Redesign - MUTATION") AND development[pullRequests].all > 0 AND development[pullRequests].open = 0
The query is returning results however, when selecting the bulk changes option, it brings us back to "My open issues" filter.
Any ideas why this is happening?
To bulk change, you need to have access to do whatever it is as if you were doing it to each issue individually. I've usually seen something like you're describing when the user doesn't have the required access (rights).
Try to do this on a smaller set of issues (I'm assuming your query returns many issues) - typically less than 10. If you're able to do that, try to see what is different with some of the issues in the larger set.
Thank you for your reply. It seems like the bulk change option is working if we remove the AND development[pullRequests].all > 0 AND development[pullRequests].open = 0 part.
I'll try to test permissions as you mentionned just to make sure I have tested all scenarios.
I sent a support request to Atlassian and they have identified 2 bugs related to this issue:
This one is about the fact that the development field is producing invalid JQLs
and this one is about the fact that the invalid JQLs are causing the Bulk Edit to fail.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs