Bulk edit on closed issues?

xavierkcb2012 November 21, 2012

Hi

Is it possible to do bulk edit on closed issues in jira?

I found some ways by changing the jira.issue.editable property to "True".

Is there anyother solutions for this?

Thanks

Xavier kcb

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2012

Yes, you can modify the workflow so that there is a transition from Closed to Closed and it goes through an Edit screen.

xavierkcb2012 November 21, 2012

But this need to be done for each project. Are there any other properties availabel that could be applied here or can we have a seperate options from Tools Menu on IssueNavigator page?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2012

I'm not sure what else you might be looking for. The point of the "do not edit while in this status" flag is that it stops people from editing the issues when they're in that status.

Either remove the flag, or work around it, I can't think of any other way to do it. There's not much point in having the flag if you don't want it.

xavierkcb2012 December 4, 2012

Is it possible to set the property value "True" by API's when the workflow scheme is in Active if we develop a plugin to do this?

KD Hymes October 15, 2014

Could you simply briefly reopen the closed items, perform the bulk edit, then re-close them?

Alex Matulich August 24, 2020

Impractical to "briefly open the closed items" when there are thousands of them mixed in with issues I don't want to edit.

Suggest an answer