Bulk disable Extended Project Administration?

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2017

Hey,

Is there a way to bulk disable the new configurable Extentended Project Administration feature in JIRA 7.4 in all permission schemes?

From what I can see in the docu this needs to be done per permission scheme: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-7-4-x-release-notes-902079634.html#JIRASoftware7.4.xreleasenotes-Projectleveladministration

This is a tideous effort when you have plenty of schemes.

I also wonder if it possible to update the default behavior of this setting when creating new permission schemes?

Cheers,

// Svante

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2017

Hi Svante,

This capability isn't there yet, however, there is a feedback ticket for comments on the functionality of the new Project Permissions that you can find at JRASERVER-65574.  I would add your comments to JRASERVER-65574 so the Engineers can understand the need and come up with a solution.

Cheers,

Branden

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2017

Done! Thnx for the tip!

Cheers,

// Svante

Nancy Bennett October 17, 2017

On a related note, is there a way to change the default to off for Extended project administration for newly created permission schemes?

J van Leeuwen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2017

Hi Nancy, 

It's not currently possible to change the default to off.  I'd recommend adding your comments/feedback on this to JRASERVER-65574 so that our Engineers have insight into what functionality is important for our customers. 

Cheers, 

Jennifer 

jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2017

I would also like to disabled this for all of my permission schemes. Is there a way to do via rest API? If so could you provide the request name and URL?

Thanks

J van Leeuwen
Atlassian Team
December 18, 2017

Hi Sri, 

Good news, it is possible to disable via the rest API. We've written this KB article to help our users with this: How to disable extended project administration. Hope it helps! 

- Jennifer 

Like Dave_Liao likes this
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2017

It worked like a charm. Used postman runner with schemeid as variable. Removed all permissions in less than a minute. 

J van Leeuwen
Atlassian Team
December 19, 2017

Wonderful! :) 

Suggest an answer