Bulk delte users

I have alot of inactive users. 100+

I want to delete these inactive users

How can I easily delete in bulk the inactive users?

3 answers

0 vote
Alex Christensen Community Champion Jul 25, 2017

There's no way to do this in default JIRA, and I believe this is actually by design. Deleting users can cause potential issues in the database, if I'm not mistaken.

Is your concern that these users are taking up user licenses? Really, as long as a user is set as inactive and isn't in a group that allows Application Access (thereby not using up one of your user licenses), you should be fine.

If your concern is that you have a hard time managing so many users, you should be able to filter down to just active users, or at least filter down to users who have a certain Application Access.

0 vote
Joe Pitt Community Champion Jul 25, 2017

As Alex said, don't delete users. Make them inactive. JIRA is a relational database and in the history there is a pointer to the user, not their name, so you'll get an error displaying it. Therefor you lose historical data about who did and said what.

Thank you both for your answer.

as both suggested, i will not delete users. To keep my Jira clean.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,329 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot