Bulk create security levels for a project

Hi All,

Is there any way to bulk create security levels for a project, through some automated scripts.

I have around 180 groups which I managed to create through CLI plugin scripts, now I need to create security level for each group.

Is there a way to automate it?

Thanks in Advance!!

2 answers

Hi Aditya,

There is a current feature request that you can find at JRASERVER-64636.  In the meantime there is a workaround you can try:

Workaround

Perform Bulk edit to change the security level of the issue that has been imported using CSV import

Please vote on JRASERVER-64636 to add impact and be notified when/if this is implemented in JIRA natively.

Cheers,

Branden

Thanks @Branden McElveen,

I was able to achieve this by writing a small SIL Script in Post function to set Security Level based on Reporter's group and then importing/creating issues from CSV.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

21,288 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you