Bulk create security levels for a project

Aditya Verma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2017

Hi All,

Is there any way to bulk create security levels for a project, through some automated scripts.

I have around 180 groups which I managed to create through CLI plugin scripts, now I need to create security level for each group.

Is there a way to automate it?

Thanks in Advance!!

2 answers

1 vote
Branden McElveen December 20, 2017

Hi Aditya,

There is a current feature request that you can find at JRASERVER-64636.  In the meantime there is a workaround you can try:

Workaround

Perform Bulk edit to change the security level of the issue that has been imported using CSV import

Please vote on JRASERVER-64636 to add impact and be notified when/if this is implemented in JIRA natively.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
Aditya Verma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2018

Thanks @Branden McElveen,

I was able to achieve this by writing a small SIL Script in Post function to set Security Level based on Reporter's group and then importing/creating issues from CSV.

Suggest an answer