Bulk copying issues from one instance to another

Deleted user February 19, 2014

Hi. We're doing a complete overhaul on our existing JIRA instance and we're thinking it's probably better/cleaner to just start with a new installation and copy over existing issues. I looked at the 'JIRA to JIRA Issue Copy' plugin but the comments state you can't do bulk copies (and we have thousands of issues). Is there any other way to copy (somewhat selectively) from one instance to another? I'm not sure if it complicates things but one thing we're doing in the overhaul is reduce our projects from 19 to 2.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

Hi Fender,

What I would do in your case is copy all the data to a test instance, use the bulk operations to move the issues around as required to create projects that group up the issues you wish to keep and/or delete those you wish to remove. You would then be able to bulk move the issues in the various projects using the project export/import procedure.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events