Bulk copy custom field values to comments?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2014

Hi

We have hundreds of custom fields which we want to retire (or decommission)

What i want to do is to copy their values over to comments before deleting those custom fields.

I am aware that script runner plugin has a functionality to do bulk copy but that is valid only for copying between two custom fields.

Do we have any solution for bulk copying data from a custom field to a system field such as description or comments?

Any plugins which may be able to do this?

Rahul

1 answer

1 vote
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2014

Script Runner for sure can do this.

JJupin (ours) can do this too, but you will have to script your way out, too

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2014

I would copy them to a formatted table in the description. But... you should do this, it will make your instance faster, more maintainable and easy to use.

J May 12, 2016

Hi Radu,

Can I get the sample code or guidance that how to achieve this?

Jan

Suggest an answer