Bulk change the issue type

Peter Kocher September 15, 2015

Hi

When I want to bulk change the issue type, I cannot do this , due to a unclear error. The Retain tick box is greyed out, but the system  requests to enter the Fix Version. See attached screen shot.

May I ask you for instruction how to proceed ?

Thank you and best regards.

PeterScreen Shot 2015-09-15 at 13.47.16.png

3 answers

0 votes
Peter Kocher September 15, 2015

Hi Pilar and Nic

Thanks for the hint. Having filtered for all issues with Fix Version = blank, I could update the field with a common fix version and then change the issue type.

Best regards
Peter

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2015

The error os clear to me - you have to fill in a fix version because it is mandatory for the issue type you are moving the issues to.

The greyed out retain option is probably there because you have one or more empty fix versions in the source issues (the field is mandatory, so you can't keep a blank) or you are moving to a different project, where there is a separate list of versions.

You could temporarily change the target project to make the fix version non-mandatory and put it back when you're done, but then you're going to end up with a load of broken issues that you'll need to put versions on before you can do anything with them.

0 votes
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

This may be due to the fact that fixVersion is a mandatory field in the destination issue type but not on the source issuetype.

Try these two things and see if helps.

• Check if all issues moved have a fix version.
  • Do a bulk edit on all issues which were going to be moved and edit their fix Version to something.
  • Or make the fixVersion field non-mandatoryfor target issuetype and then do the bulk move.

Pilar

Suggest an answer