Bulk change permissions and project permission to transition issues

Reani Fouche March 8, 2017

I have setup bulk change permissions for all software users on JIRA Software and the project permission to transition issues to the assignee, project lead, software users etc and still the bulk change of issues doesn't allow the transition of issues to be done. Why not?

1 answer

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2017

Could you check Done is a valid status for every issue in the scope of bulk request. If a field or a value is not valid for every issue in the scope of a bulk edit, you can't change it. 

Reani Fouche March 8, 2017

I checked that the Status = Done is associated with the workflow I am using - what more should I check? All the issues belong to the same project and the same workflow

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2017

Take a look at one of the issues you want to change.

Do you have the option to move it through the workflow to "done" in one transition here?  (Status is not a field, you have to use transitions to change it). 

If you do NOT, then that is the problem - you need to work out why there's no transition appearing. 

If you do have the option, then there's a quick test to get more data for us - do a search again, including that issue, but when selecting the bulk edit list of issues, select only that issue.  Can you transition it now?

Suggest an answer