Bulk Editing a Checklist

SockBlocker May 20, 2021

According to this article
https://okapya.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CHKDOC/pages/270598200/Bulk+Editing+a+Checklist
bulk editing a checklist is possible. But when I go to the issue navigator --> tools --> bulk change and select edit issues, the checklist options are not editable. Is it possible to bulk update checklist through the bulk change tool?

thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 20, 2021

Hi,

Yves here, we're the makers of Checklist for Jira.

You can indeed bulk edit but there are some important limitations. Only custom fields with a "Global Context" will actually show the global items (options). Otherwise, Jira doesn't give enough information for us to get them.

So, if your custom field context is Global then you will be able to:

• Check/unchek global items
  • Add local items

In all other context, you will only be able to:

• Add local items

Notice that local items are not appended, they actually replace whatever is in the checklist.

The easiest way to bulk update issues with checklist is when the checklist as a "Global Context" that is applicable to all issues.

Hope that makes things clearer.

Yves

SockBlocker May 21, 2021

Hello Yves,

Thank you for the quick response. The checklist is a popular field. Unfortunately we are using a custom context so I guess we are out of luck.

Thank you for the clarification! 

Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 21, 2021

If you really really want to bulk edit you can always temporarily remove the projects/issue types to make the context global. That would allow you to bulk edit and then you can reset the context of your field.

However, I would suggest that as a last resort thing :-) 

Yves

Suggest an answer