Bulk Edit issues for project - need to add "Log Work" field to 700+ issues

Robert Banister December 26, 2017

Hello,

We have enabled Jira's "Time Tracking Feature" and have added it to the project that needs it.  Is there a way to bulk edit a project's issues to include the "Log Work" field (even though Log Work is not a searchable field)? 

There are over 700+ issues that need to be edited for our one project.

When Log Work is enabled, 3 fields become available, yet those fields aren't available when you search for them:

• Time Spent:
  • Date Started:
  • Remaining Estimate:

To confirm, we can individually add "Log Work" on a ticket-per-ticket basis, but it is too manual of a process.

Alternatively, does anyone know how to search for these "sub-fields" i.e. time spent, date started, remaining estimate if I wish to build a report?

Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 4.10.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-26 at 4.10.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-26 at 4.12.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 4.12.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 4.11.56 PM.png

Currently on Jira Server v7.2.4

Thank you
Rob

1 answer

0 votes
Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2019

Hi Bob, late to the party, but for anyone looking for the second part of the question ...

On my system (JIRA Software Server v7.13), you can use the following field names in filters (if you have Time Tracking enabled):

• originalEstimate
  • remainingEstimate
  • timeSpent

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver0713/advanced-searching-fields-reference-965542859.html

Suggest an answer