Bulk Edit Group Members - Username vs Full Name

Peter Milakovich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2015

I know you can individually go to each user in JIRA and add/remove them from groups.  However, when you wish to update a group and remove one to many users, there is a current limitation in the Bulk Edit Group Members screen.

Bulk Edit.png

It only displays the Username, not the Full Name.  We use our company ID as our Username, so you have to know a person's ID # to be able to remove them from the group.  Is there a way to make this screen/display show the Full Name instead of (or with) the Username?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
kitkat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2015

Unfortunately, no. Currently there isn't a way to do this. I searched the Marketplace for any plugins that might augment the user and group management ability, but I didn't see anything.

It's possible that a workaround could be created through REST API, but that would take some work.

Suggest an answer