Bulk Change Workflow to all projects

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013

I saw

• JRA-5254. Is there a bulk change for a workflow to apply to all projects? One comment is CLI. We need to import a tested workflow then replace existing workflows to all 300 projects? Is the only way manual? Any easier steps?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2013

You can add the workflow to your existing workflow schemes and re-assign the issue types from the original workflow in the scheme to the workflow you have just added. I can't tell you if and how much work this would save you since I have no sight on your instance. You could take a look at Bob Swifts CLI plugin at marketplace.atlassian.com and its documentation if there is an easier way to do this through CLI.

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

Also what is the best way to get a report of what Project uses which workflow and workflow schemes?

Do we have to manually go to the project pulldown and select each project summary or is there a built-in report?

MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2013

Not really, workflow schemes carry over to other projects IF you have confgured these other projects to make use of that workflowscheme. Any changes made to a workflow scheme will therefor carry over to all projects that have that workflow scheme assigned to it. So if you assign a specific issue-type to a workflow in a workflow scheme, this will carry over. If you enter the edit mode of a workflow scheme, you will see how many (and which) projects it has been assigned to

0 votes
Thomas Fuchs April 12, 2013

There is a solution from Catworkx..

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.catworkx.plugins.BulkWorkflowSchemeSwitcher

it works fine for me

Cheers
Thomas

jamie royce June 24, 2020

No longer available, is there any other bulk workflow scheme switcher? 

0 votes
Thomas Fuchs March 21, 2013

There is a solution... called BulkWorkflowScheme-Switcher (http://plugins.extern.catworkx.de)

jamie royce June 24, 2020

This no longer is available in the Marketplace... 

Suggest an answer