Bulk Change Project(s) permission scheme ?

Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2015

Hi All,

I wonder if there is an easy way to bulk change multiple JIRA Projects (say >200) use a single permission scheme.

• This can be either a script runner script or SQL query, Please let me know if you have any ideas on this.
  • Never tried before, but wanted to see various suggestions and ideas on implementing this.

Thank you all my friends in advance.

Regards

Chander Inguva

1 answer

1 vote
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2015

That sounds like something that can be done easily with the CLI plugin: https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/Documentation#Documentation-updateProject

Everywhere I see, people seem to advise against doing this kind of stuff directly from SQL.

Gaven Ray October 27, 2016

Can you help out and give a sample of how to do this? I am good at editing code snippets for my needs not so good at writing my own.

Thanks

Daniel

Suggest an answer