Building a workflow

Melissa Porter December 6, 2017

I'm trying to build a workflow for a product launch and am having trouble. It seems to display buttons at the top of the ticket, rather than showing them as options. How should I set up this workflow? 

It has top level tasks and sub-tasks. 

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2017

By "buttons at the top of the ticket", do you mean the workflow transitions that change the status?

What do you mean by "options" here?

jira.png

It shows buttoms for some of the status' and then it has a dropdown. Is there an easier way to build a workflow and a subset of tasks and measure them?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2017

Ok, that's correct behaviour - it's giving you buttons that start transitions in your workflow.  When there are more than two available in a status, it tries to conserve screen space by moving them into a workflow drop-down. (You can change this number if you want)

The workflow editor is the only way to "build a workflow", unless you use Software's "simplified workflow".

I'm not sure I understand "a subset of tasks and measure them"

Suggest an answer