Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Building a dashboard for team members that cross multiple projects across the organization Edited

Folks,

I have an interesting problem I am trying to solve.  I'm trying to build a dashboard for a senior manager who has team members within his organization that are loaned out to different projects on totally different boards across the organization and he does not have ownership of those projects in most cases.  No one organization owns all these projects so there is no central rollup of these projects and his people might have a couple stories across a dozen separate projects at any given time.

What I would like to do is give him a separate page for each employee showing how their time is spread out,

.  What it is they are working on

.  What project these stories are attached to

.  Average time the story are open or have been opened for

.  anything else I can think of

Any ideas?  I would like to do this without having at buy an add-on product too.

Thanks in advance,

Mike B

1 answer

1 vote
Chris Buzon Community Leader Apr 12, 2021

This should be possible through JQL and a widget. Your Manager can use a dashboard or embed widgets into a confluence page if they prefer.

Since the common factor here is assignee, this should be relatively easy to set up with the Filter Results and Issue Statistics widgets.

assignee = <X> and issuetype in (bug, task) and statusCategory != Done
(this, in the issue statistic widget) will give you a breakdown of the incomplete work that assignee has on them.

You could then modify this query to return only closed tickets within the last 2 weeks (there are a lot of ways to do that in JQL), like this:

assignee in (userID would go here, since jira doesn't display names in a query) AND resolved >= -2w

You might find some of the average time requests are easier to do through the reports built into your scrum/kanban boards (cumulative flow for example).  They can be altered using Quick filters, so if you want to see the data for just 1 person on a team, create a quick filter on that board with assignee = <userID> and then in the reports you can select it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you