Build workflow for story depending on sub-task status

Yasmine Rifai January 23, 2014

Hello,

I want to create a workflow for issue of type story. But I want for example the status of the story to become Ready for test , when all sub-tasks are closed or done. Can I add such condition or can I apply this in Jira?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2014

You'll need to find or write a "listener" or "post function" to do this. Whichever one you use, it will need to pick up "sub task closed", read the parent issue, check the status of all the other child issues, then transition the parent to "ready for test" when it detects they're all closed.

I'd look at the script-runner add on to do this. There are some related scripts in the examples already.

Yasmine Rifai January 25, 2014

Can you tell me how to do this in details? That would be very helpful, thankss

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2014

Depends on the route you take. Read the documentation for the script runner if you want to go that way. Have a look in the marketplace to see if you can find something that might help. Read the developer documentation if you want to do it yourself.

Yasmine Rifai January 25, 2014

No script runner for OnDemand :/

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2014

Oh. OnDemand. You're stuck then - I'm not aware of any feature in the plugins in OnDemand that would get you anywhere near this, and you can't install other stuff.

Yasmine Rifai January 26, 2014

so what can I do?

Do you have any idea about what can I do to change from onDemand to be able to use those plug-ins not available for onDemand, because I actually have no idea what is the best product to be used to be able to customize everything in a way that reflects the best our work

Yasmine Rifai January 26, 2014

any idea of providers?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2014

Migrate off OnDemand to a provider that will allow you to install the script runner or other plugins, or host it yourself.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2014

Have a look through https://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts- you can start by narrowing the list down by clicking "hosting". Different hosting companies have different offerings, so you'll need to have a look through them to see what each has available and which might be most suitable.

Disclaimer - I currently work for one of these partners. Even if I did not though, I'd struggle to recommend any one of them over the others because you need to examine each provider to see how close a match they are for your circumstances (which I don't know as well as you do)

Suggest an answer