Bugzilla to Jira import gives peer not authenticated error

jrbriers March 26, 2012

My project is currently trying to migrate from bugzilla to Jira but I am struggling to get the data to migrate.

I've been using the import/export wizard but when I provide the details for Jira to connect to I get the error: 'Can't connect to <bugzilla url> because: peer not authenticated'

We can't seem to work out the problem, can anyone help?

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2012

Hi,

Do you connect to Bugzilla using HTTPS? Does your Bugzilla perhaps use a self-signed or an expired SSL certificate?

Then such problem will happen.

Then I could either disable temporarily HTTPS on the server side, install valid SSL certificate or (in case you have to use a self-signed certificate) you can install such own cert authority in Java runtime environment which you JIRA server uses.

Alternatively you may completely skip connecting to Bugzilla web instance and depend just on JDBC connection, but then your big attachments won't be migrated.

Cheers,

Wojtek

0 votes
Zach Young March 1, 2014

Simply turning off ssl_redirect in my Bugzilla Administration settings solved the issue for me.

0 votes
Shinjani Gaur November 18, 2013

I have run into the same problem and can't import even after disabling HTTPS.

I am importing from Bugzilla 4.2.5 into Jira 6.1.3.

Is there another way to import from Bugzilla into Jira?

0 votes
Vladimir Muraru April 23, 2013

How do you achieve this: skip connecting to Bugzilla web instance

Suggest an answer