Bugzilla-like ACK flags necessary for state change - possible in Jira?

Ondrej Zizka February 27, 2013

In Red Hat Bugzilla, there's a requirement for a bug to have an ACK from multiple parties before it can change to some state (usually 3 - Dev, QA, product management).

Is that achievable in Jira?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Avdhesh Chauhan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

Yes, just give an Ack transtion and add a counter in that transtions post function (a simple groovy can do this)

Now based on that u can have the conditions in your sub sequent transtions

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2013

Transition - the action of moving from one status to another

Post-function - some code you can run at the end of the transition

Counter - not a Jira specific term, Avdhesh simply means "create a numeric field and use a post function to add one to it's value every time you run the transition"

Oh, and "groovy" is mentioned - this is from a an addon which provides a framework for scripting some functions inside Jira

Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow to begin with

Ondrej Zizka March 4, 2013

I am new to this, so terms like transition, counter, post function are a bit unclear to me. Could you please point me to some docs or howto such? Thanks.

Ondrej Zizka March 4, 2013

Great, thanks! I thought it would be as you wrote, just wasn't sure if it would force certain order of ACKs. But overall, if it's scriptable, then I guess I'd figure out something.

Suggest an answer