Bugzilla import - how to import version field as "fix version" instead of "affects version"

Jerrold Wen December 11, 2013

I am importing from Bugzilla 4.2.5 using MySQL database to a local instance of JIRA 6.1.3 using the Bugzilla importer. The importer actually works quite well, but I'm having trouble getting version imported correctly.

In Bugzilla, we never had a concept of Affects vs. Fix version. The version we used was essentially the "Fix version". However, it gets imported into JIRA as "Affects version" and leaves "Fix version" blank for all our issues. I can edit the fix version on issues that are still open, but I can't change it on all the Closed issues.

What's the best way to resolve this? Is there a way to import the version in Bugzilla as "Fix version" in JIRA (or both Affects and Fix version)? OR is there an easy way to copy the Affects Version information into Fix version from JIRA? Another easier way?

Thanks,
Jerrold.

1 answer

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2013

The fact that you can't edit closed issues most probably is being caused by a property on the workflow step "closed". Probably you'll find jira.issue.editable =false

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+properties

Either you delete that property or, as I do it a lot, change it into jira.permission.edit.group = jira-administrators. That way you, as an admin, will always be able to perform bulk updates on closed issues.

I don't know how many versions you are talking about but you should be fine. Other than that, I think we created a copy of our bugzilla database (before migrating it to JIRA) and did some tricks on the tables directly... Hope that helps a little

Cheers

Christian

Jerrold Wen December 16, 2013

That works. Thanks!

Suggest an answer