Bugs concerning assignee or reporter in Jira issue

maxime jarry November 29, 2016

It is not possible to assign myself to a task, it works with all others users but not me. Even if someone else try to assign me.

Moreover most of time i want to assign someone to 1 issue, there is a bug message that i have to ignore to find the person i want to assign (again working with everyone exept me).

2 answers

1 vote
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2016

Hi Maxime,

Have you checked that you have the "Assignable user" permission for the project?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/managing-project-permissions-828787763.html

Sam

0 votes
maxime jarry November 30, 2016

Hi Sam,

Basically i am with administrator rights so that i have no restriction (except particular projects).

Fact is that just my name seems like not known :/

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2016

Having admin rights and being an 'assignable user' in a project's permission scheme are two different things, though.

You can be admin, but not assignable user. It's worth checking the permission scheme for the project(s) you are having trouble with.

If it's not that, perhaps post a screen shot showing the error message you get. I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Sam

maxime jarry December 1, 2016

I totally agree, though the problem is not here. Permission scheme is the default scheme, and it s not in 1 project in particular, it's in the whole JIRA .

For example, let's imagine i d like to research 1 task dedicated to someone, i have to start typing his name and JIRA will "automatically" find him. It works with everyone, except me, seems that it doesn t recognize me _

Suggest an answer