Bug or problem with our server - LDAP groups not being mapped?

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

Hi,

quick question: I was observing that a couple of days ago new users were added to our LDAP server. Normally they inherit just one group (not the jira-users group but group XYZ). We have full LDAP integration with local groups.

What happened is that they were being imported correctly but they weren't added to any groups.As a workaround I disabled the user directory, enabled it and did a sync. After that procedure the group membership was being recognized... Any thoughts on that? BTW, I dont't have the same group as a local group...

Cheers

Christian

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

Hi Christian,

It's difficult to know the root cause of this problem without seeing the logs, but what I can say for now is that it could have been an issue with cache.

Because when you do the procedure of disabling, enabling and synchronizing the LDAP directory, it flushes all related caches and perform a full synchronization.

I hope this has helped.

Cheers

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2013

Can't reproduce for now but that sounds reasonable :-)

Suggest an answer