Bug-Workflow clones issues?

Nabil Sayegh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

Since the upgrade from 4.4 to 5.1 there is a new post-function in the Bug workflow that clones the issue and creates a relates-to link to it. Why is that?

Is it safe to remove the post-function?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2012

Hi Nabil,

This doesn't seem like a feature from JIRA.

Maybe you updated a plugin that added this post-function to your workflow.

I'd advise you to remove the post-function and create a backup of the workflow when you are publishing it, just in case this post-function is needed for something else.

Hope this helps,

Marcus

Nabil Sayegh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

Thank you. I also think that this comes from a plugin, but if it does, there must be a reason why it's needed.

Maybe someone knows which plugin causes this?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2012

Are you sure that the same workflow was not having this post function in 4.4? The workflow cannot just get a new post function because of JIRA upgrade. Someone has to explicity add it. You should talk to your other JIRA administrators who might have changed it.

Add a screen shot to know what exactly you are referring to.

Nabil Sayegh
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2013

Hey there,

back from holidays :-)

How do I upload an image here? It seems I can only link images.

Anyway, see below the post functions. I too believe that some plugin did that. At least it wasn't any of us, we don't even have a "JT" project.

rgds

All 	  Conditions (1) 	  Validators (0) 	  Post Functions (7) 	 
Script workflow function : Clones an issue and links.
Issue will be cloned to project JT
With issue type: null
— THEN
The Resolution of the issue will be cleared.
— THEN
Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step.
— THEN
Add a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition.
— THEN
Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database.
— THEN
Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.
— THEN
Fire a Arbeit an Vorgang begonnen event that can be processed by the listeners.

John Lyne February 28, 2013

Hi Nabil,

do you have the groovyrunner plugin installed ? the post function may be related to that plugin. However I can't offer any further explanation as to how a post function could be added into a workflow during an upgrade. I would not expect that to ever occur as it would raise a fairly large integrity problem for ongoing upgrades.

Suggest an answer