Bug Screen- Buttons missing

I created a project as a "Software Development" project. Did not customize anything. When I raise a bug then it remains in "Open Status". The other buttons like" In progress", In Review", "Closed" does not appear even if I assign the bug to myself.

The project has default workflow still I am not able to change the status.

Please help

3 answers

Check the workflow scheme and the workflow that is associated with it. it is possible that 

• your project is using a workflow which does not have Open status connected to anything else.
  • It is also possible that your workflow has some rules, that user must be in such project role or group to be able to perform the transition. Check for that.
  • Finally you may be having database related problems, run the integrity checker once to eliminate this cause.
  • If nothing works, run re-indexing and then check.

Rahul

The project is currently using "Sofware development" workflow.I tried all default workflows. I am added to project user group also I gave myself all permissions in permissions tab. Workflow does not have any such rules which would hinder progress. I do not see Integrity Checker option under :System->Troubshooting and support I ran Indexing Note- I do not have JIRA installed at our end. We have over the web version.

Could you check the "conditions" on the workflow *very* carefully - paste their definitions here so we can see them.

0 votes

Check the permission scheme and workflow - do you match the conditions for using the transitions?

If it's the default workflow, then you need to be in the role of user or developer to get the permission "can tranistion issue".  (Just because you're an admin doesn't mean you can do anything - that's a dreadful permissions model, and I'm always very glad Atlassian have done it properly)

The project is currently using "Sofware development" workflow.I tried all default workflows. I am added to project user group also I gave myself all permissions in permissions tab. Workflow does not have any such rules which would hinder progress. I do not see Integrity Checker option under :System->Troubshooting and support I ran Indexing Note- I do not have JIRA installed at our end. We have over the web version.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,397 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you