[Bug] After upgrade jira v6.4.x to jira-core v7.4.1: Oops, you've found a dead link.

Lucaci Dorin Alexandru August 6, 2017

I've installed trial jira server on my Debian 8 machine, configure it over the web interface which was accesible on the 8080 port and when I am trying to test some api calls I've got Oops, you've found a dead link. - JIRA

I have created an issue from the web interface with the key: ES-1 and when trying to make this call via 'Postman' is not working:

http://host:8080/jira/rest/api/2/issue/ES-1

with Basic Auth set with the username and password created

3 answers

0 votes
Lucaci Alexandru August 8, 2017

I had to use the url without the 'jira' part in it, I don't know where I saw that I put '/jira' after the host:port so usgin this url to make api calls worked:

http://host:8080/rest/api/2/issue/ES-1

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2017

Hi Lucaci,

• Are you running Postman from the same machine JIRA is installed on or is it a remote machine?
  • Have you verified the baseURL?
  • Do any API calls work?

I have see instances where changing the baseURL caused issues but I tested that and left Postman exactly as is and didn't run into any issues.

Heres' a screenshot of my Postman setup:

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 5.20.33 PM.png

The only thing I did was add my user name and password.

I am using JIRA and Postman on the same machine so localhost works with the networking on my machine.  If you're using a Proxy or coming from another machine you may need to check the baseURL.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2017

Do you get the same problem when you try a simple curl or wget instead of using postman?

Suggest an answer