Browser Compatibility Issues

Andy Colman March 17, 2016

Hi,

We have recently rolled out a JIRA ticketing solution on a number of customer sites with very few issues. One site in particular though is plagued with problems when trying to attach files to issues. They also have frequent 'Unexpected Errors' - see link below for samples.

The browser they are using is Internet Explorer 10. Has anyone encountered similar problems ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2016

Both of the errors lead me to ask what the server's log file says at the time they happen - there should be more information in there.

Andy Colman March 17, 2016

I have asked the question but sys admin said they couldn't see anything ..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2016

Of the two errors you have, there's one that might not end up in the log, but the other one really should have.

The only other thing that I know of that can cause these errors (and maybe not write to the log) is networking failures.  The fact that you get it from one site and not others supports this idea too (unless the other sites are all running proper browsers instead of IE?).  But it 's a bit of a pain to trace because you need to do lots of network analysis.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2016

What JIRA version you have? There might be a compatibility issue between your IE version. Ask them to try with another browser to check.

Andy Colman April 5, 2016

Hi, Looks like we are on JIRA v6.4.11. Hosted rather than Cloud ...

Suggest an answer