I added projects using db scripts. Among the main tables were project_key, projectversion, nodeassociation and did a full re-indexing of JIRA instance. But when I browse for projects by http://localhost/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa, throws an exception "
"hasDefaultAvatar", exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
Unable to understand this exception. What could have gone wrong?
>I added projects using db scripts
This is almost certainly the entire problem. Your scripts have missed something. I would very strongly recommend that you immediately revert to the backup you took before you ran your scripts. Then do your project creation properly, not with SQL.
Looks like you do not have an avatar set up? You might have to programmatically set that when creating the project using API.
Regarding the project import conversation, an easy approach is to transfer the AO data and configurations using scripts and rely on project import for everything else. We, Go2Group, has successfully done that for many customers.
Thanks Jobin, I got into the logs and found " /secure/BrowseProjects.jspa [webwork.util.ValueStack] METHOD: "hasDefaultAvatar", exception: ". Found there is mismatch between the avatar in project and the owner of avatartype in Avatar. I am just fixing that. Initially I started off like you suggested but when I couldn't go beyond this exception "Unable to import custom field 'Sprint'. The custom field type does not support project imports.", I started writing db scripts.
Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot