Browse permission based on watchlist

Rene Rath January 26, 2014

Hi *,

We have a project, which only a group shall be able to browse. Except for a few tickets, which single people, which are NOT in that group, shall be allowed to see aswell.

I'm currently only able to grant the "browse project" permission, which grants that person read access to *all* tickets within the project.

Preferred solution would be a permission scheme, which allows me to grant the browse permission based on the watchlist: if user is contained in the watchlist of the ticket, that user is allowed to browse the ticket. However, Jira only lets me grant permission to the reporter, the current assignee, group, role, ... - NOT the watchlist users.

Simply assigning the ticket to that user would not do the trick, because I want to be able to grant access to >1 person.

Any help appreciated, thx in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014

For this usecase we created a multi user custom field "Contributor" and added this field to the browse project permission. If a user is added to this field, the user is able to access the issue.

Rene Rath January 27, 2014

Right on spot, and quick! Thanks a lot, exactly the solution I was looking for.

0 votes
Derek Fetsch May 29, 2014

Why wouldn't you use Security Settings for that purpose?

Suggest an answer