Browse permission according a customfield value

Francesco R
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

I'd like to limit the browsing permission to some users according the value of a customfield, e.g if the customfield has the value "a" only the users in the group GroupA" can browse the project.

Better, let's say that users in GroupA can browse only issues where customfield has value "a", GroupB can see only issues where cf has the value "b" and so on.
Can I do this ?

Thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

you can setup this by using issue level security

check here for more information on this to know how to setup

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Issue-level+Security

0 votes
Francesco R
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2013

I need a further explanation, please.

Whit issue security level I suceeded in doing what I needed, but the user in the correct group is able to browse directly the related issues if he has the links, but he's no more able to show the list of the current issues in the projects, neither those with the correct value in the group.

an the user able to show at lest those project allowed by in the security scheme ?

0 votes
Francesco R
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2013

Yes thanks. This is the correct way to go. But there is another problem and I don't know if it's a jira bug or if miss something.
I am the userB belonging to the GroupB and I create an issue with the value "a" in the customfield I used in my security issue. As soon I create it I see this new issue, also reloading the page.

If in the project configuration I remove the security level association with my project and then I associate again the security level it, I'm no more able to see the isse (correctly because I belong to GroupB and I created my issue with the customfield with "a" value)

Francesco R
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2013

Sorry. This I was bugged and not jira :D
It was the normal behaviour without a default security level

Suggest an answer