Browse option missing when clicking "attachment" in comment toolbar

Leah Clark January 23, 2018

Hello,

I am trying to help out a colleague who is unable to add an attachment to comments. When I go to comment on a Jira item, I can go to "attachments" in the comment toolbar and see the browse option, then select an attachment to include within the comment. For some reason, my colleague is unable to do the same--she does see the attachment option in the comment toolbar, but without +Browse, leaving her unable to add an attachment directly to the comment (unless she previously attached something to the Jira story, which she can then select from the list of options). We've tested this in multiple browsers and looked into user and project settings...

Any idea what is preventing her from seeing +Browse in the comment toolbar's attachment feature?

Here's a screenshot of what I'm referring to (she doesn't have the +Browse option when she selects the attachment icon in the comment toolbar):

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Victor Florin Pana January 27, 2018

Does the user has the permission to add attachments in that project?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-project-permissions-861253293.html

Leah Clark February 8, 2018

Yes, she has permissions and the project is set to allow any logged in user to add attachments.

Suggest an answer