Browse Projects + Security Level = Permission Violation

Luca Andreatta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

I have set the Browse Project permission to the project role Users, but a user that is only in that project role can view in the issue navigator also the issues that has set a security role that should deny the view permission to him. If he click on these issues he get a permission violation error page.

Is this correct? In my opinion he should not view these issues in the issue navigator!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2015

This looks like a caching problem to me. Did you do a reindex after creating the security level? Maybe you should even clear the caches...

0 votes
Luca Andreatta
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2015

Great Thomas!

Reindexing JIRA resolved the problem!

Thank you very much!

Suggest an answer