Broken Workflow - Is this a known issue?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2013

I found a issue while working on Workflows. I observed the same issue on JIRA 4.4.5 and JIRA 5.2.5

Steps to Reproduce on JIRA 4.4.5..

1. Workflows -> Choose any workflow and click 'Create Draft' workflow
2. Choose any transition and Select 'Validators' -> 'Add' Validator
3. Select 'Fields Required' and click 'Add'
4. Without selecting any field from the available fields, click 'Add' button at the bottom of the screen
5. System Error

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2013

Well, um,

1. This isn't a core validator, it's probably the one from the Jira Suite Utilities. Check the versions of your plugins

2. The whole point of this validator is to check fields. So why are you not selecting one? It's not a valid input (that's not an excuse for handling it badly, but it does mean that there's a workaround - enter valid data)

Srinivas Patruni September 25, 2013

1. JSU version is 1.3.5 which is latest on JIRA 5.2.5.

2. I agree, work around is to enter valid data.. I clicked the add button accidentally and found this broken screen but that is not an ideal screen for wrong handlings :)

Suggest an answer