Both Big Gantt and Big Picture Plugin for Jira Permissions

Chris Purser March 18, 2016

Hi,

I'm new to JIRA and am setting up some plugins to help us get started.  As the only administrator on the system, I have all the permissions there are, except that when I installed both Big Gantt and Big Picture Plugin for JIRA I am refused permission to create new Gantts and New Programs both respectively.

This is completely baffling since I have full permissions to do everything, including installing, updating and deleting the plugins and JIRA software itself.  When I try to get support for the plugin, I am told I need Atlassian cloud access, except that we are serving everything ourselves and we don't have any Atlassian cloud accounts. My Atlassian.com account fails when trying to log into the support pages at softwareplant.atlassian.net (and every other subdomain on there.)

Any ideas what might help us get a better understanding of what's happening?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2016

Fully confirming what @Michal Partyka said, and adding that soon it will be made in such a way that JIRA admins will automatically have the permissions for our plugins smile

5 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2016

Hi Chris,

Big Picture has it's own administration panel. It is nothing to do with global permission.

Check the documentation:

https://softwareplant.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BIGPICTURE/Administration

You should go to Add-ons and modify permissions in Administration of BigPicture plugin.

Suggest an answer