Bobswift (Create on Transition) - multiple tickets based on a number value

Venkat Nagarajan February 16, 2017

Can I create multiple tickets dynamically based on user entered number value on the screen?

Example: User enters a value of '5' for a custom field on the UI (during transition). Can I make the add on create 5 JIRA issues instead of 1 JIRA ticket with the custom field value of '5'?

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2017

Yes, use the substitution variable function list(startNumber, endNumber) in the multiple issues field - see Substitution variables. It simply produces a list of numbers. In your case it would be something like

%function_list(1, %my custom field name%)%
Venkat/ Prabesh (Natera IT) February 22, 2017

I tried this out and the number of tickets seems to exponentially increase (depending on the counter of the ticket #).

For example:

1.The original ticket # was TEST-143. With the value of '1' -> 143 tickets were additional tickets were created.

2. When the original ticket # was TEST-30, with the value of '2' -> 60 tickets additional were created.

Wondering if there is an indexing issue.. 

Venkat/ Prabesh (Natera IT) February 22, 2017

I got it to work. Was an indexing issue. Thanks.

0 votes
Venkat Nagarajan February 16, 2017

@Bob Swift [Bob Swift Atlassian Add-ons]: this one is for you smile.

Suggest an answer